Thursday, July 31, 2008

Life-Changing Moments

HOW often do people come across life-changing moments? Funny that just last night, I was dead sure that that the answer is "very rarely, if not at all." In fact, had I managed to blog about it last night, the main idea of the post would have revolved around how scant those chances are, when people can stand up to prove themselves.

But the weather was a bit uncooperative, and I had to sleep early because of the thunderstorm. And when I woke up this morning and thought about it thoroughly, I realized that my previous answer had been wrong, so wrong.

I was mistaken last night, because I forgot a very important point - that when we say life-changing, we don't usually mean momentous incidents. And this morning, I remembered just that, and it suddenly struck me that my point of view had been wrong.

Every single moment of our existence, and each one of our decisions - no matter how small or insignificant they may seem - they all have a great effect in our future. We just can't shrug off a little deed in the morning as bearing no consequence to how our day will turn out.

Taking that into consideration, the answer to my first question changes to "an infinite amount of time."

=P

No comments: