Monday, July 28, 2008

Counting down

SEVERAL years back (well, two to be exact), I had not seriously considered working in a different land. As a matter of fact, I used to tell anyone who'd ask, "I'd go abroad, but only as a tourist." Back then, I wished to stay in this country while pursuing my dreams (although I still didn't know what they are).

But in the light of all the work-related events that transpired during my now two-year stay in this company, I had come to that painful decision to swallow my pride and 'go with the flow.' Yes, I'm counting down 'til I can officially tender my resignation ('coz I'm not legally capable to file it until about two years from now). And I'm not the only one - many of my co-workers who started at the same time as me had already expressed their decisions to go as well.

Borrowing the words of one of my batchmates in Sikatorse:

"If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you'll always stay in the same place. Take risks, for life goes on."

No comments: