Sunday, January 20, 2008

LATA: Time for Reassessment

I've mentioned in a previous post that we are having our annual perfomance appraisal (PA) as of the moment. Just for those who do not have even the most vague idea about what this could probably mean, let me just say that it (the PA) is one way for the company to gauge what every employee had been doing the past year. It is a tool by which they determine how much the employee had grown, both professionally and emotionally, to determine how much salary increase (if ever) they'd dole out. :P

Yeah, yeah, it's a matter of pay hike and all that stuff. But don't get me wrong, the annual PA is also how they see if the employee is fit for promotion. Anyway, I'm more concerned with the wage increase, seeing that promotions are hard to come by in this particular part (in other words, the operations and maintenance group) of the company.

Of course I'm aiming for a promotion, but as I've already said in my New Year plans post, my promotion goals will be for next year. This is largely due to the fact that I know (deep inside) that I'm not yet ready to go to the next level. But I plan to be ready for such by the next PA, at the most.

So, good luck to me, I guess. ^^,

No comments: