Sunday, June 24, 2007

Nostalgic Moments

More than two years ago, I came across a flash animation regarding an assasin's story in the massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG), Ragnarok Online. As I was at the height of my addiction then, I was barely reminded of the time when I was just starting out, or the so-called "Beta Days".

It was rather hard to start out then, but still there was great fun in partying with people you just met. Those were the days when reaching the necessary level for eligibility in applying for the first jobs really demanded hard work.

To cut the long story, short, I was then merely comparing how the game had changed (for the worst, some may say).

Yesterday, I saw a thread in Ragnaboards regarding the said flash animation and someone posted this link: RO assasin story. After watching it this time, it came down to me that I really do miss the game (I'm sort of semi-retired). I can't help but reminisce how much I loved the game before. The music just bore through my soul and made me long to go back in time.

Well, I think this is but part of growing up, but at least now I can proudly say that I never did waste my efforts back then. At least when I turn to look back on the pages that make up my life's book, I can say that those were the days when I enjoyed the experience of being a mage :P

No comments: