Monday, June 4, 2007

Annual Tradition

Now that my daily routines are back to normal, I've gotten enough time to reflect and reminisce. That contest sure did drain a lot out of me, but at least I still get to function properly with whatever brain juice I have left.

Anyway, I just realized that I'd been having an annual tradition for the past four years. It took me all that time to figure out that once a year, I find myself cramming myself to the point of working continuously for about 48 hours or more.

The earliest of such event that I can remember was during my final year in college. Back then, I had to finish my thesis that was due the next day (and all I had finalized at that moment was the introduction!). A year later, I was reviewing for the board exams when this cosplay competition caught my fancy. The following year (last year specifically), I joined the cosplay contest again.

This year, it was for the animax contest.

But looking back on all those four events, I could say that only two of them had given me good results: my thesis got a good grade, and I was able to make it to the finals in my initial try at cosplay. My second attempt at portraying a game character was nonetheless a disaster, and I'd really want to forget it.

Then there's still the animax contest entry I crammed into fulfilment: "Jorg: Metaphysical Alchemy".

:(

Results are due by next month, but I'm not that hopeful. A friend of mine was unimpressed with the final draft, so I won't be surprised if it doesn't make the cut.

Well, I guess there's always next year. I can always continue my tradition :p

No comments: