Saturday, March 15, 2008

Lost memories

The coming week is Holy Week for us Catholics; thus, I'll be on-duty for 9 straight days starting the day after tomorrow. But no, this update isn't about work. I'll post something work-related later (hopefully).

Anyway, I had just woken up from my siesta (yeah, that's one of the things we got from our Spanish colonizers that we still hold onto through these years). The afternoon had been so hot (although not as hot enough as that day a few weeks ago) and I was sleepy, so I decided to take a nap. It's a lot cooler now while I'm typing, and there's a moderately-strong breeze blowing.

Yeah, this is an ideal summer afternoon for me (not so hot, not so cold). I just hope the Philippines has this weather all year long. =P

Moments ago, I had to step out and hang something on the clothesline when I had the urge to stare right up at the sky. There, visible as I could remember, was the moon distinctly afloat among the clouds. As I stared at that half-circle marvel, I just remembered that I no longer did remember that the moon is visible during the day. >_<

I realized that there are so many things I'm quite taking for granted these days, and there are so many memories that are quite lost. I know that I've decided to forget a few things some time ago, so as I could start new chapters in my life. I guess I've forgotten that there are some trivial things that may have been included.

But for whatever it's worth, I guess I can still retrieve those that are in need of retrieving. There are just too many things that defined me and made who I am today, and I think it's best that I keep remembering them so as not to repeat some mistakes I've done in the past.

That, and to always remember why I have several idiosyncrasies that I'm still holding on up to this very day. It almost became a lost memory that once while I was a kid, I enjoyed staring at the summer skies just to look at the clouds and the moon. It's one of the things I love doing during summer, and it's one of the things that really do define who Jherskie is.

No comments: