Saturday, June 6, 2009

Of mobile phones and other company-related matters

Thanks largely to an uncommon twist of (company) events, I had been unfortunate enough to experience another of those-long-work-weeks that I thought I had left behind in team ACeS. For seven straight days, I was running across the province, traveling several hours per day, climbing up hills and down through valleys, and speeding along little oceans of mud. And yeah, the inevitable, driving while using my mobile phone. XD

Don't get me wrong, I'm actually against the use of mobile phones especially if the vehicle we're talking about is a frikkin' motorcycle. Anyway, I've been using the company vehicles yet again, and I had only resorted to answering phones calls while on the move if I couldn't help it.

But that is not the point of this post. I merely stated what I've been through, and that I'm glad I have 2 days of rest starting tomorrow. Or make that one day starting the day after tomorrow. Whatever.

Thing is, I'm beginning to consider the trivial bits of circumstance that some newly-enforced company rules are raising into focus. Sure, I can accept the loss of the TCP. And I certainly can't do anything if we still don't have the salary adjustment, or mid-year bonus.

But the increased likelihood of being denied OT pay just because the company is keeping it to an average of 10%? Or the increasingly rampant requirements for which we can't ask for the appropriate OT pay, for the same aforementioned reason? Truly, I can't stop myself from fearing much worse.

No comments: