Sunday, February 22, 2009

Defining 'frantic'

In the immediately preceding post, which I posted 4 days ago, I did mention about "frantic efforts" to lose weight ("subcutaneous fats in particular"). I believe it's but proper to expound on this and share how I really define "frantic."

But before everything else, I suppose I'd give this whole post justice by providing some background information about me, myself, and I my never-ending struggle to get leaner.

I was a healthy child way back when, with 'healthy' meaning "not sickly and with strong constitution, able to run away most of the time in the game of tag, harang-taga, langit lupa impyerno, im, im, impyerno and whatnots" and not necessarily with too much layers of flabs to look like the Michelin mascot. Although my childhood wasn't necessarily too full of happy memories, I could at least pride myself in saying that once upon a time, I could tease someone as baboy (pig), taba (rotund) or whatever term was uso back then.

The problem began when I entered the stage of puberty, which also coincided with the time when I started to get high grades in class (I leave you, dear readers, with the task of imagining how the two are connected). ^_^ Basically, my BMI increased and my waistline grew a tad more than what is appropriate for a normal kid. But, back then I didn't mind. I was growing, and people say it's part of growing up (along with acne, breaking voices, and others that I know you can still recall).

I breezed through my remaining student years getting a bit more plump than what I would've wanted. Mind you, though, that during my college years I was already thinking of getting a leaner frame. But the bottom line is, my body wasn't my priority, even if I was starting to hate how I look. ~_~

If I could have spent more time (and resources) back then, I know I would. However, time and money were two things I never had in great quantities back in those days, and pushing my grades to the pinnacle was all I could do to ensure a brighter future.

Nonetheless, the time came for me to get this battle started. It was during the review for the board exams. The usual low budget + stress brought about by reading tons of materials and recalling insane amount of mind-boggling formulas + adjusting to a new, polluted environment had provided a valuable by-product: fat reduction. =P

It's been (nearly) 5 years, and I can still smell the fresh paint (sorry, just can't help but quote from a favorite movie of mine) remember the joy I felt whenever people would say Ang laki naman ng ipinayat mo... Harhar!

Anyway, the succeeding 2 years had me going through enough stress to keep my weight at bay. Nonetheless, something happened last year that totally ruined everything. I was transferred here in my present team. XD

Well, for the past year I had been neglecting my health too much that I gained back all the weight I've previously lost. And now I'm stuck again with my old BMI. :(

Thing is, my favorite season is fast approaching, and with it are plans for some supposed-to-be-memorable weekend get-aways. This fact had this immense pressure upon me to get that body I had been striving for. I just can't go to the beach looking exactly this way. I. Must. Do. Everything. In. My. Power. >:[

Hopefully, this rather short lengthy background information had covered all the vital facts. Time to get to the main point of this post: my definition of 'frantic.'

They say that a picture paints a thousand words, so maybe I can save enough space for those thousand words by putting this picture up:


I had to divert a lot of my almost-always-limited funds to buy this baby. We've been together for more than a month now, but I'm yet to see any favorable developments. XD

However, aside from the sad development that there are still no good developments, there's a spreading rumor that the company will be foregoing the annual, customary, Team Celebration and Planning. D:

Talk about bad luck. XD

No comments: