Sunday, April 26, 2009

An Afternoon Flood of Memories

A rather strong downpour this afternoon had, once again, forced me to abandon the use of my PC lest a sudden strike of lightning fry it's components (which I incidentally just cleaned a few hours previously). Thus, I was left with nothing to do, although I don't do anything much even when the device is on, anyway. XD

So, I pushed myself to take care of a few matters I should have carried out long ago. And among the things I managed to do was tidying my room. Although I wasn't keen on cleaning up, being the lazy person that I am, I had more than enough time and there was nothing else to accomplish (sleeping was deliberately taken out of the options, by the way).

And there I was, sorting out stuff and rearranging bits and pieces of my past. Hordes of correspondences in envelopes began appearing out of everywhere, and so did grocery receipts, billing statements, travel tickets, souvenirs, memorabilia, et cetera, et cetera.

While rummaging through the pile, I just couldn't help but reminisce. With each item that my fingers touch, floods of memories began pouring as steadily as the rain against the rooftop.

Old notebooks - filled with various data and whatnots - swept me back to my days in training, and brought back images of a past I've long since forgotten. Here and there lay old payslips, and I just couldn't help but wince a little, as if it pained me that much, when I realized I am now still getting less than what I used to get in my previous job of 3 years ago.

A trinket or two reminded me of the time when pRO was at it's peak. Those items I eventually placed in very accessible locations, along with a few blank CDs and network cables that should have been used already, but wasn't due to several circumstances.

Eventually, I finished extricating the things that I must keep within reach, and stowed the others in the proper storage places. Having done everything I thought I should do, I grabbed my phone and sank myself down upon pages of e-books that lay dormant in the device's memory card, while helping myself to some chips that led me down further memory lane.

No comments: