Monday, July 6, 2009

Rambling... or not

For the past seven days, I've been hoping to squeeze in time to blog about this particular topic, yet didn't manage to. And yeah, this is already past due, but WTH. I'm making this (sort of) review anyway.

OK, in a nutshell, it's one of those movies you'd go to the cinemas to watch. Pardon me if I might sound like a hypocrite, but guys, better see this on the big screen. Why? Because that's what this movie is made for.

So what can I say for what many bills as "the worst-reviewed top grossing film of all time"? I. Effing. Love. It.

Yeah, the story's not worth a shot (for being too clumsy and far-fetched). And if lead actress Megan Fox says you watch Transformers 2 Revenge of the Fallen for the action scenes and not the acting, she does mean it. In fact, you'll only disappoint yourself by watching it without the full effects afforded by the movie houses.

The special effects are truly flawless. If they say they spent billions for those, I'm more than willing to buy the idea. While I can't swear the cinematography is equally good (due to some effing scenes that are too unnecessary and downright terrible), I can still say that the movie is a true eye candy in its own right.

To each his own, I guess. But I really do appreciate the film in it's entirety. However, I won't be harping against those that hold a grudge towards it. In the truest sense, they are right. The movie's too dumb, the storyline's too predictable, and the events are totally illogical.

They ask, why did Sam and the others have to find the Matrix of leadership when a sliver of the Allspark is all it took to revive Megatron? Oh that's easy. Optimus is a Prime. And Primes need the Matrix of Leadership to revive them from death. (Lolz, I can't believe I'm acting this silly)

And robots having offsprings? Why not? The viewers can see Wheelie humping, so why can't they have "several generations" that can be "lost in the civil war"? =P

OK, enough with the stupidities. One doesn't need to be a fan to appreciate the movie. Unless you're my mom, who claims to like the first movie more, but that's a different story.

I'm actually willing to overlook a bit of offending portions of the movie, and give it a real review. However, the "Robo Heaven" scene is too corny even for my usual corny standards. I know no other plot device can tie up all the loose ends, but it just ruined the experience.

So, I'm not giving it a grade, unlike in my other mini-reviews in this blog. But I'd still recommend watching it, it's too good to pass. Also, remember Starscream's "Cowards get to live another day" line and Jetfire's father, who was the first wheel. XD

No comments: