Sunday, December 30, 2007

Naming Convention

SniperAngel commented that I have something regarding lady names. As a matter of fact, I do. :P

Of course, Alicia, my new PSP, was so named because it is Felicia blue. The name of my orchid, Sandra, on the other hand, is taken from the plant’s scientific name, Vanda Sanderiana.

I actually give out names to things I hold special. The plants which have names are mostly named after the person who gave it to me, except for Sandra’s case. Alicia and Sandra are so-named using a simple naming convention I devised.

First of all, I only name things that are non-necessities. If I don’t consider the thing I’ve bought as a complete necessity (such as cellphones), I may choose to give it a name.

The rules:

  1. The name should be a woman’s name that ends with an “a.” Why a? Why not? :P
  2. Names of any girl I’ve known in real life are not to be considered.
  3. As much as possible, the name should/could be associated easily with the object, unless it fulfills the special condition in rule 4.
  4. If a name that fulfills rules #1 and #2 suddenly pops out into mind when I first held the object, that name will be it.

Neat, huh? :P

No comments: